How do I create a Google Calendar for my member group?
If your group does not have a shared calendar yet you can create a new calendar.
- Open Google Calendar.
- On the left, next to Other calendars, click Add Create new calendar.
- Add the name of the calendar (for example, All Hands Meetings), a description, and time zone.
- Click Create calendar.
- On the left, click the name of your new calendar.
- If you want to share the calendar with a specific group of people, under Share with specific people:
- Click Add People.
- Add the email address of the group you want to share the calendar with. For example 'email@example.com'. You can also add individual email addresses.
- In the permissions box, click the Down arrow and choose 'Make changes and manage sharing' (otherwise management access will be lost the moment your account will ever be deleted).
- Click Send.
Can you help me get access to a shared calendar?
No the Technicie does not have direct access to existing shared calendars. If you are a member of an existing group you can get access though by asking someone with existing access to follow these instructions.
- Sign in with your G Suite administrator account and open Google Calendar.
- Under My calendars, find the shared calendar.
- Point to the shared calendar and click More Settings and sharing.
- Scroll down to the Integrate calendar section and copy the Calendar ID (it will be long).
- Tell the new user to paste the Calendar ID into the Add a coworker’s calendar box and press Enter.
- The calendar then shows up in their Other calendars list.